Tommy and I celebrated Halloween at the hospital this year anxiously awaiting the arrival of his sisters first baby. Tommy became an Uncle to Silas Zerrien Harris who finally made his debut around 10 PM. Sacheen did so wonderful and made having a baby look so easy! (I'm sure it totally wasn't!) Here are a few pics of the Lil' Pumpkin; one with Grandma Kliewer before she left for home.
Christmas is right around the corner...well, according to merchants it is already here. It saddens me that Thanksgiving has all of a sudden been forgotten. Not this chick, I am going to give thanks and celebrate Mr. Turkey for another week! Since I turned 30 a few months back I feel it is appropriate to list 30 reasons I am thankful this year. Here it goes:
1. I am thankful for my Family & their unconditional love they always provide.
2. I am thankful for my Health, a few minor set backs this year but nothing I can't get under control.
3. I am thankful for my job during this rough economic crisis
4. I am thankful for my relationship with Tommy, as it continues to strengthen & grow.
5. I am thankful for the roof over my head.
6. I am thankful for all the friendships in my life, this grown up stuff may keep us from seeing each other everyday but know I can always count on my friends! (you know who you are :) )
7. I am thankful for my niece, Payton. She continues to grow into a sassy teenager but has always loved me for me and I couldn't ask for anything better.
8. I am thankful for my Dad's love, his Dyson Vacuum, without my parents generosity my house would be filthy.
9. I am thankful for the opportunity to have traveled to many great places.
10. I am thankful for my small town roots, I love Yankton and so proud to be from South Dakota!
11. I am thankful for my brother who protects & serves CO Springs.
12. I am thankful for my car, it has seen better days but am grateful it gets me to and fro.
13. I am thankful for my creativity, it brightens my day & only hope it has been used to brighten others.
14. I am thankful for my Grandmother Helen, 92yrs, god bless her! She tells me she prays for me and the rest of the family every night, such a gracious heart!!!
15. I am thankful for my education, even though I haven't finished I have learned many lessons along the way.
16. I am thankful for having a camera to capture moments that I never want to forget.
17. I am thankful for Saki & G Love and how happy they make me every night when I walk through the door!
18. I am thankful for my beat up Blackberry because it continues to keep me in touch with those near and far.
19. I am thankful for Zumba class because it kicks my butt, especially when I need it!
20. I am thankful for my widdle nephew who will make his debut in just a few months. I pray that he is a Bronco fan for my brother-in-laws sake :)
21. I am thankful for Dr. Jost; the heart specialist who saved my mom's life.
22. I am thankful for my gals at work who continue to listen & be supportive everyday.
23. I am thankful for being a citizen of the United States of America.
24. I am thankful for my Butterball gift certificate from our boss in Indiana, here's to hoping for a moist turkey!
25. I am thankful for my sister who has always looked after me and been supportive.
26. I am thankful for getting to know Tommy's family this past year, they are all so very kind!
27. I am thankful for the re-location assistance we were given in October, what a relief!
28. I am thankful for Pita Jungle, you literally have become my new fave place to dine.
29. I am thankful for my parents who are always there with a shoulder to lean on!
30. I am thankful for being able to host Thanksgiving dinner this year...
Yesterday the gals and I ventured over from work to Spicy Pickle to grab lunch and I had, well...a "Jessica Simpson" moment if you will. I do know chicken of the sea is tuna not chicken, however, I got so excited I just blurted out the most ridiculous thing. As we waited for our food to come out Colleen's attention was diverted to a small television set over head, it was a news show and the title running across the screen read something like"new pill used to erase phobias." According to Colleen this pill has been linked to erasing all bad memories/phobias. If any of you know me you know I am almost 30 years of age and cannot swallow a pill, not even the tiniest of tic tacs. All of a sudden the lightbulb went off in my head and I blurt out, "So does this mean I could take this and I could get over my fear of swallowing pills!!!!" Anyone see a problem with this statement...doh, to be able to take the pill I would have to be able to swallow one, right. I said it with such enthusiasm too! Well, I guess that rules out that brilliant idea.
For Valentine's Day I sent my grandmother who recently turned 92 a little package to brighten her day. I haven't spoken to her for some time as she was moved into a care center back home in South Dakota and now it is just too hard for her to hear me making communication very difficult. I miss talking to her because we always had such great talks. In my package was a stuffed dog that sang a Valentine's Day rendition of Shout while flapping his ears up and down. I felt this was perfect as she always got a kick out of these singing animals and my purpose of it all was to put a smile on her face. I finally got a hold of her last night and we only spoke for a brief 5 minutes...again too hard for her to hear me. Sadly she mentioned she has been under the weather all week and has not gotten out of bed, however, my package did indeed lift her spirits. The dog sits on the end of her bed and has been named "Arfie." She also mentioned how it brought a lot of smiles to the care center, exactly what I hoped for. I miss her so much and I can't thank my cousin Tracey enough for being in Yankton and helping take care of her as well as my Uncle Roger and Aunt Peg. My plan is to try and call her more often even if it is just for a few minutes...but also, to send her frequent letters like she did when I was in college. I have been truly blessed with a loving Grandmother who has always loved her family unconditionally no matter the distance. I miss you grams and hopefully we will be home to see you soon! xoxo
I've neglected the blog world. I could say it was because I was on a long holiday but I would be lying...just plain ole laziness on my part. The holidays actually flew by, it was a nice quiet Christmas and I just love my family and friends so much!
Some of my favorite gifts this year:
My mom made each of us a family cookbook with the originals of recipes from my late Grandma Candy, Aunt Marion and Uncle John. Also from Grandma Thompson who just celebrated her 92nd birthday! Happy Birthday Grandma!
Tommy surprised the heck out of me and gave me a Green Nano...I finally have an iPod again, YAY!
Mom was quite the crafter this year as she made everyone rag blankets...mine is GREEN and very snuggle friendly!
Seriously, Mandy knows me so well! She gave me a darling rhinestone camera necklace and skull & cross bone earrings, love them! I promise you are getting yours soon Mandy, I haven't forgot!
New Years Eve was spent at Mandy and Pablo's casa, forgetful me...I didn't bring a camera! We had a great time playing dominoes, eating great food, cracking open the infamous bottle of champagne from Madonna and counting it down to the new year, which Mandy and I almost missed...haha! The morning after we all headed to Chompies at PV mall (p.s. my new favorite breakfast spot)
On January 2nd, Tommy and I headed to Las Vegas for a weekend vacay. Wow, the Vegas strip has definitely expanded since my last trip there! Of course I forgot my camera luckily Tommy had his so I only have random shots that I will post below. We stayed at the Luxor which was fun, we checked out Criss Angel's shop and viewed the Bodies Exhibition. My favorite stops throughout the weekend were the Hard Rock Hotel where we saw Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top and I fell in love, love, love with the design elements at Planet Hollywood!
so serious. on our way!!
note to self, next time have someone take the photo...
In the Criss Angel 'Believe' store...his bikes are everywhere!
Ok, so if you know Tommy...you would understand the shoes... kind of a big deal...lol, I had to get a photo!
More pics with Criss Angel's ride...
At Planet Hollywood
That's all folks...next time I won't forget the camera!
My attempt this year to make these bleak apartment walls a cozy christmas.
1. Pinwheel Crazy, created 8 garland strands for the gals at work...one for Mandy too per request :) 2. Making memories inspired paper wreath 3. Jazzin' the tree up with my Merry Christmas sign from MudPie 2007 4. Cheap find at JoAnn's, metal sign 5. MMM, my weakness this holiday...dark chocolate M&M's 6. My mantel this year: pinwheel garland, santa golfing, new family photo and find of the day my glitter stocking hangers! 7. Lovin' this holiday scent from Gold Canyon, Days of Christmas 8. Koren gave me this olive green feather tree last year...love it! Thanks twin! 9. Wow, another pinwheel shot...can't get enough of them this year!
"I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new."
Ralph Waldo Emerson
I have such great friends! I came in yesterday and was surprised with belated birthday gifts! I love love love them!! The first was a frame wallet from KailoChic, the fabrics are so fantastic...the girls picked just the right one for me...GREEN!!Next, Koren made such a fabulous bead bracelet for me...this girl has talent! The picture doesn't do it justice thanks to the camera phone but it is turquoise and silver, I just love it!! Thanks gals for the sweet surprise!